Monday, July 18, 2011

Cupcakes

Dax's birthday was on Saturday.  His favorite cake is pineapple-upside-down cake. Since we're doing the whole diet and excersise thing I didn't want to make a whole cake. I wanted us to have a little portion control built in so I decided to try pineapple-upside-down cupcakes.


They worked out great!!


I didn't have a recipe, just a box of yellow cake mix and some crushed pineapple. Oh! And cherries.

I drained the juice from the crushed pineapple and set it aside. Then I made the cake mix according to the directions on the box. After that, I added some of the pineapple juice to the batter. No measuring, I just poured it in there until I thought it was enough.

Then I placed a cherry into each one of the greased muffin cups, sprinkled a little brown sugar in each one, and then enough crushed pinapple to cover the bottom. I filled each muffin cup until it was about 3/4 of the way full and baked according to the directions on the box.

When they were done, I turned them out onto a cookie sheet. It took a bit of time for them to release and if the muffin tin is too high, the cupcakes will fall out and flip with the pineapple side down. Not that I'm speaking from experience here or anything. :0)

They really were good and very moist, and they looked pretty cute too. If you decide to try it, let me know what you think.

No comments: