Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Great cupcakes

On Friday night we had family movie night. 


At our house that means that we watched old home videos. When given the choice, that's what the kids usually choose.


Since Dax & I aren't eating any kind of junk food and the kids like to have a treat while watching movies I made some cupcakes for them.


I just used a box mix that I already had. I didn't want to have to make a trip to the store.


I decided on French Vanilla.


For frosting the cupcakes I knew that I had some heavy cream that needed to be used so I decided to whip it up. Once I did that I added powdered sugar to get it a little bit thicker than I would normally make it.


That's because then I took a jar of butterscotch icecream topping and poured in about 1/2 a cup, beating it into the whipped cream well.


It turned out really good. (I tasted it!) And I know the kids liked it because they ate two cupcakes each. lol And, by the time it occured to me to take a picture, they were all gone.

No comments: