Saturday, July 23, 2011

Kid crafts

Last weekend was Dax's birthday. All three of the girls made him something for his gift. None of them had any coaching from me what-so-ever. As a matter of fact, I didn't see any of the gifts they had made until they were done. I'm really proud of the things they came up with (they did do some searching on the internet) and so was Dax. Gifts from the heart are always the best!

Addison made this with popsicle sticks.


Abigail went a little crazy with the crafting and couldn't stop. lol She made all kinds of things.

She made this pop-up card.


This camera out of construction paper. It's folded into a triangle so that it will stand up on its own.

I suspect that for the lens she used the baking tin from her easy bake oven. :0)  This picture of her and her Dad when she was little sure makes me miss my babies. They grow up sooooo fast.


And she made him this 'beer'. The mug is filled with his favorite Lindt white chocolate truffles and topped with large marshmallows. By the way, have you seen the new jumbo marshmallows they have out now? They're huge!!


And Kirsten drew this picture for him. I thought she did a great job of drawing. She found a picture online and looked at it while she drew this one. I couldn't even trace it this well. I have no talent for drawing or painting at all.


I just love to see them be crafty and creative. It does my heart good that they have an interest in it.


However, someone doesn't have any interest at all. As you can see, there is no homemade gift from our son. He couldn't be bothered. LOL

No comments: