Monday, July 11, 2011

Quick and easy bracelet

I LOVE bracelets.


I actually like all kinds of jewelry. I've had my ears pierced since I was 7 (which is a really long time ago.) I know I had been begging my parents to let me do it for a couple of years by then. I think I just finally wore them down. lol But I really like bracelets and almost always wear one.


So imagine how excited I am when I can find one that I can make myself and it's quick and easy. (Not that I have any problem purchasing them already made either. lol) But my word this year is THRIFT and I'm really trying had to stick to it.


Anyway, I made this while I was cooking dinner.



While things were cooking and didn't require my attention, I stood at the island and strung these beads onto some memory wire.  I got the idea from Yellow Blackbird. Why in the world didn't that ever occur to me? I'm going to make another one like she did with more colorful beads in a variety of shapes and sizes. This is just what I had on hand to give it a try because I couldn't stand to wait.


She did 5 different super easy bracelet tutorials on her blog. You can find them here, here, here, here, and here. Go check them out. I love her ideas with the bangle bracelets, but I have a pretty small wrist and have trouble finding bangles that will actually stay on. *sigh* But I'll certainly be on the lookout for some!

No comments: